Thursday, April 9, 2020

Good Friday

So obnoxiously I had to split this story into three different videos so it would upload but this is my favorite Easter book from my childhood it is called Good Friday and explains why we call it "good'' even though it was the day when such a sad event occured...
So this is Jesus (ok not really, we are pretending today:)
This is His tomb...

After Jesus died, they put special spices on His body to help keep His body safe (spread butter on the crescent rolls...)

Place "Jesus"in the tomb and cover with cinnamon/sugar mixture....

Wrap Jesus (marshmallow) up in the tomb (crescent roll)...I usually spread a little butter and put a little cinnamon sugar on top to help with flavoring:)

And after Jesus died He was in the tomb for 3 days (in this case the oven at 350 for 11 minutes:) and then He came back to life so when you "open" (bite into) the tomb, Jesue (marshmallow) won't be in there anymore!



And done!

Let's see if Jesus came back to life and left the tomb.........

AHHHHH!!!!!! He did, the tomb is empty!!!!!! Jesus came back to life and now He is in your heart<3 I hope you are able to enjoy this little Easter science experiment, if you don't have crescent rolls, I think any dough should work, also I would recommend using wax paper on your cookie sheet, they tend to get a little sticky....Happy Easter everyone!

My favorite Youtube video explaining Easter at a kids level:
and Veggietales Easter...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Summer!