Friday, October 6, 2017

Friday Announcements

Today we did my favorite kind of learning, learning by eating! We made firetrucks out of graham crackers, peanut butter, cookies, and sirens and ladders out of fruit snacks and pretzels. The kiddos had such a fun time assembling their fire trucks and of course eating them! I feel like when you can connect food to learning it makes it so much more memorable (and fun!), seriously, I brought cookies to my math class in college six times to prove this point :)
I just wanted to say thank you so much for getting those field trip forms in so quickly, as of 8 am this morning we have everything prepared and ready for next Thursday! Parents like y'all make my job such a joy! It is also great to see so many family members taking time out of their days to come with us. I am so sorry to all of those who will not be able to take off to come but I promise to take a lot of pictures and we will have other events!
Speaking of events, Halloween is approaching quickly! We Preschool Teachers have nailed down a schedule of events that I will type up and hand out on Monday. The kiddos and I will begin decorating and crafting for the holiday next week so keep an eye on our changing classroom;)
Next week is also the end of the 1st quarter (yes, somehow we have already gone through 8 weeks of school😲), I will be doing assessments on the munchkins, just to see where we are at and where we need to go from here. I will be sending them home after I have completed all of them. Please keep in mind, these are mostly to direct my teaching. They are still little kids and they are learning something everyday! Our main goal right now is learning how to be in school (which they are kind of doing AWESOME at! :)
Have a funtastic weekend! See you after school.
Miss Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Summer!