Monday, December 18, 2017

Assessments...well not really

Hi, everyone! Only one week until Christmas!!!!!!!!!!! (In case you can't tell, I am a little bit excited because I kind of LOVE Christmas:) All of the other classes are busy doing assessments, however I will not be doing formal assessments with these kiddos this quarter. It has been such a short and interrupted time that at this age, we do not do assessments 2nd quarter. However, I want to take some time to point out things I have been noticing in class. The kiddos are definitely getting more comfortable and confident in school. They go to new groups at recess and begin to play with other students, even those from the other Preschool classes. When we color and cut, I can tell it is coming so much easier for a lot of them. I do not have to hold the paper and help them angle the scissors any more. When I put out their name tags, they can quickly read them and find their seat. As for letter recognition they sit in the cafeteria at lunch time and point out the letters we have learned that they see on the walls and napkin holders without me even prompting them.
While we work hard in class to improve on these skills, reinforcing them at home is so important and I can tell that you all have been working with your kiddos. Teaching a child is truly a team effort and I could not do this without your all's help. So thank you so much!!! Thank you for working with your child, thank you for taking such wonderful care in raising them, and thank you for supporting me in my efforts to educate them. Maybe it takes a village to raise a child but it also takes one to educate them, thanks for being my village!
Have a great afternoon, see you after school!
Miss Brittney
P.S. Tomorrow is Jesus' early birthday party and we will be going to Volgelwied's Journey to Bethlehem. Can't wait to tell you all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Summer!